Job Type: Full-time
Toyota Lift NW is a team of engaged dedicated employees who are the best of the best. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do. We don’t stop at “doing just enough” and pursue complete Customer Euphoria. We conduct business in the highest ethical manner and will not know ‘Status Quo.' We build and maintain the best relationships with our co-workers, leaders, and customers. Being a part of the Toyota Lift NW family means your support and dedication is relentless, abiding by an uncompromising code of integrity and transparency, and you take full responsibility for your actions as an individual.
You’re committed to Toyota’s 5S model: Seiri (Sort – separate essential from non-essential), Seiton (Straighten or simplify – a place for everything and everything in its place), Seiso (Shine or sweep – keep things clean and in good working order), Seiketsu (Standardize – set the 5s standard and sustain), Shitsuke (Self Discipline – advance the 5s standard).
Never ceasing pursuit of being both an Employer and Business Partner of choice!
The Warehouse Assistant ensures Rental/ Used Equipment is retail ready for customers as well as organizing/tracking forklift inventory, shipping/receiving duties and keeping the warehouse organized.
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
- Maintain accurate records and a clean and organized workspace
- Operate forklifts for put away and organized/ready for rent or sale
- Put away stock ensuring proper labeling and placement
- Receive purchase orders, pick product and package for shipping
- Delivery and pick up of batteries, as needed
- Minor repairs on equipment
- Assist as needed for various projects or jobs as requested
- Notify supervisor of safety concerns and make sure your tools are properly maintained
Required Skills /Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent (Required)
- Wear safety equipment such as steel toe boots and safety glasses
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized with ability to shift priorities in a changing environment. (required)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees, vendors and customers. (required)
- Prior experience in customer service, and material handling/industrial equipment environment. (preferred)
- Ability to operate reach-truck, stock-picker, pallet jack, & pass forklift certification
- Ability to interact effectively with others; be a team player.
- Maintain a good attendance record
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Warehouse Assistant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May require sitting for long periods of time working in front of the computer, physically lifting and moving up to 50lbs. (on occasion), walk on concrete floors with the ability to use full range body motion for climbing, pushing, lifting, and reaching.
Complete employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening (required)
Shifts: M – F: 7:00 am– 3:30 pm (hours may vary due to workload)
We offer competitive wages and industry-leading benefits package as we are looking for only the most engaged and talented individuals to become a part of our "family."
Toyota Lift NW is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. TLNW is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. TLNW will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.