Toyota Lift NW is a team of engaged dedicated employees who are the best of the best. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do. We don’t stop at “doing just enough” and pursue complete Customer
Euphoria. We conduct business in the highest ethical manner and will not know ‘Status Quo.' We build and maintain the best relationships with our co-workers, leaders, and customers. Being a part of the Toyota Lift NW family means your support and dedication is relentless, abiding by an uncompromising code of integrity and transparency, and you take full responsibility for your actions as an individual.
You’re committed to Toyota’s 5S model: Seiri (Sort – separate essential from non-essential), Seiton (Straighten or simplify – a place for everything and everything in its place), Seiso (Shine or sweep – keep things clean and in good working order), Seiketsu (Standardize – set the 5s standard and sustain), Shitsuke (Self Discipline – advance the 5s standard).
Never ceasing pursuit of being both an Employer and Business Partner of choice!
Field Technicians have constant interaction with customers. You are a front-line employee and must always represent TLNW in a professional manner and take ownership of your work. Always improve your skills and work safely in completing tasks. Follow company policy and guidelines.
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
• Coordinate with customer on convenient times for servicing. Perform PM (periodic maintenance) services at a designated customer location.
• Visual check of customer lift and verify all lifts are signed up on PM service.
• Perform field repairs at a designated customer location.
• Upsell during repairs and PM’s at customer location.
• Check in with Dispatcher via phone in the morning when you start, throughout your day, and when you end your day.
• Document all work orders using Catavolt.
• All repair orders must be properly completed for each job and a time ticket for each day must be filled out (during the day).
• Review work in process, complete, and complete all open work orders immediately.
• Complete safety inspection form monthly and make sure vehicles and tools are maintained properly.
• Make sure your vehicle has proper safety equipment at all times.
• Never compromise safety: Always surround your work area with safety cones.
- Drive defensive and obey driving laws.
- Wear steel toe boots and safety glasses.
- Use proper PPE’s when needed.
Familiarize yourself with proper use of tools.
If you need training for tasks contact your supervisor.
Stop, Call, and Wait if unfamiliar with a task.
• Assist as needed for various projects or jobs as requested.
• Notify supervisor of safety concerns.
Required Skills /Qualifications:
• High School Diploma. (required)
• Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized with ability to shift priorities in a changing environment.
• Mechanical ability to repair equipment and adapt to various types of machines.
• Previous mechanical experience or technical school
• Field techs must be experienced techs, usually journey level with over 4 years of professional mechanical experience or demonstrate capability determine by the Service manager.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral.
• Ability to work independently and self-motivated. Ability to lead and supervise small group of technicians.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees, vendors and customers. (required)
• Prior experience in customer service, and material handling/industrial equipment environment. (preferred)
• Ability to operate reach-truck, stock-picker, pallet jack, & pass forklift certification
• Ability to interact effectively with others; be a team player.
• Maintain a good attendance record
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Field Technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May require sitting for long periods of time working in front of the computer, physically lifting and moving up to 75lbs. (on occasion), walk on concrete floors with the ability to use full range body motion for climbing, pushing, lifting, and reaching.
Complete employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening (required)
Shifts: M – F: 7:00 am– 5:00 pm (hours may vary due to workload)
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Service
Position Class: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Position Location: Clackamas, OR
Toyota Lift NW is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. TLNW is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. TLNW will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.
Job Type: Full-time