Job Type: Full-time
Toyota Lift NW is a team of engaged dedicated employees who are the best of the best. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do. We don’t stop at “doing just enough” and pursue complete Customer Euphoria. We conduct business in the highest ethical manner and will not know ‘Status Quo.' We build and maintain the best relationships with our co-workers, leaders, and customers. Being a part of the Toyota Lift NW family means your support and dedication is relentless, abiding by an uncompromising code of integrity and transparency, and you take full responsibility for your actions as an individual.
You’re committed to Toyota’s 5S model: Seiri (Sort – separate essential from non-essential), Seiton (Straighten or simplify – a place for everything and everything in its place), Seiso (Shine or sweep – keep things clean and in good working order), Seiketsu (Standardize – set the 5s standard and sustain), Shitsuke (Self Discipline – advance the 5s standard).
Never ceasing pursuit of being both an Employer and Business Partner of choice!
In conjunction with the Executive Team, the Executive Assistant – Internal Controls & Compliance oversees writing, implementing and upholding company policies that meet our corporate governance standards. We are owned by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, a very process driven company. This role will be critical in helping meet the standards of TTC as it applies to our smaller Pacific Northwest company, Toyota Lift Northwest.
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
- Design, develop, implement and analyze compliance programs for the company
- Revise compliance programs as necessary to meet the changing needs of our business
- Coordinate the execution of tasks necessary to comply with company process and procedure
- Compile and analyze both internal and external information to prepare compliance audit data
- Manage the communication of corporate policy and procedure within the company, to the President, and to TTC as necessary.
- Manage a communication platform for sharing information internally (development of an Intranet)
- Be a company resource for information and process control
- Manage safety related information and coordinate the efforts of our company with TTC’s Safety Department
- Perform other duties as required
Required Skills /Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Auditing, or equivalent job experience
- 3-5 years of similar experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of corporate compliance issues, LEAN principles, or equivalent
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to put together graphs, process flow charts, etc.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented and well organized
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Executive Assistant-Internal Control & Compliance to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May require sitting for long periods of time working in front of the computer, physically lifting and moving up to 30lbs. (on occasion), walk on concrete floors with the ability to use full range body motion for climbing, pushing, lifting, and reaching.
Complete employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening (required)
Toyota Lift NW is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. TLNW is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. TLNW will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.