Shop Technician Job Description
Job Type: Full-time
Shop technicians take on a variety of challenging jobs from PDI’s to complete teardown of components. Must stay sharp in keeping up with current technical issues. Focus on being efficient and keep safety as a priority. Follow company policy and guidelines.
- Keep track of all your open work orders and check with the parts department if waiting on parts. Ultimately, you are responsible for getting jobs done in a timely manner. If you have multiple jobs make sure you check with Shop Foreman to prioritize jobs. Make sure you meet deadlines or advise if cannot be done for whatever reasons.
- Bill at 85% or better after 90 days of employment. Unbillable labor will need to be at a minimum.
- All repair orders must be properly completed for each job and a time ticket for each day must be filled out (during the day) and turned in when completed. Make sure time tickets and work orders are legible and completed. Work orders and time tickets are required to be turned in as soon as the job is done.
- It is the technician’s responsibility to organize and clean up his own work area and to put away and secure his own tools. Make sure your bays are clean and organized at all times.
- Always clean up the work area before leaving regardless of the stage of job completion.
- Notify the supervisor of safety concerns and make sure your tools are properly maintained.
- Never compromise safety: wear steel toe boots and safety glasses; familiarize yourself with proper use of tools; if you need training contact your supervisor; practice 5S; stop, call, and wait if unfamiliar with a task.
- Keep up with online training: Maintain 100% completion after 1 year and Bronze level training after 2 years.
- Assist as needed for various projects or jobs as requested.
- Be courteous and have a positive attitude toward customers and fellow employees.
- Termination may occur at any time, based on your failure to demonstrate to your supervisor and/or customers, the level of technical skills and/or work ethic needed for your responsibilities, or based on an unproductive attitude towards your assigned tasks.
- Previous mechanical experience or technical school for an entry-level technician.
- Shop technicians must be experienced technicians; usually journey level with over 4 years of professional mechanical experience.
- Clear background check and drug screen.
- Mechanical ability to repair equipment and adapt to various types of machines.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- This position entails walking, standing, and kneeling on a regular basis. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Have proper hand and air tools to complete work.
- Work hours vary, depending on the work assignment, and may be changed from time to time. Normal shop technician hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
This job offers full benefits including 401K, medical, dental, and vacation. This is also an opportunity to work with the number one forklift brand in the world.
If you possess the above skills and would like to be a part of the Toyota team, please apply!